Posted: March 13, 2017
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced User Interface Engineer to join our UK based team, Foundry 42 Ltd, to work on our record-breaking crowd-funded game, Star Citizen! This position is responsible for developing engaging user experiences within an evolving codebase. The ideal candidate will be able to realize the vision of the art and design while working within the limits of the engine and engineering resources.
• Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI features.
• Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts.
• Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features.
• Work with production staff and other leads to identify engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements.
• Adhere to established coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
• Serve as an active partner with other team members working on UI features.
• Acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the interface.
• Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams.
• Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment.
• Previous user interface design and implementation experience.
• A minimum of 2 years’ professional game programming experience, with at least one shipped AAA title.
• Expert C++ programming skills.
• Familiar with Flash / ActionScript.
• Deep familiarity with common user interface concepts like layout, text, event-driven programming, and control widgets.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
• Demonstrated ability to balance programming tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
• High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Passion for video games.
• Computer science or related degree.
• Expertise working within CryEngine.
• Experience working with localization / internationalization systems and dealing with common related issues.
• Experience developing or maintaining a UI toolkit framework.
• Familiar with Lua, Python, or other scripting languages.
• Experience working directly with low-level 3D graphics systems.
• Passion for science fiction and space simulations.
Please click the link below to apply