»Senior Game Programmer
Posted: January 16, 2018
Foundry 42 in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Game Programmer to join the team.
• Engineer code that achieves desired gameplay as specified by game designs.
• Assist in designing and creating gameplay tools that facilitates developer workflow and alleviates bottlenecks.
• Share your knowledge of transforming code into fun by instilling those values and skills in other engineers.
• Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features.
• Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
• Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
• Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
• Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
• Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
• Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
• Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
• Work well with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
• Provide technical leadership within areas of expertise to the engineering team.
• Design efficient, high quality systems and create technical designs that can be implemented by other engineers.
• Function well with limited supervision.
• Passion for video games, science-fiction, and space simulations.
• C / C++ programming skills
• A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience, with at least one shipped AAA title.
• Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra.
• Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, or online networking.
• Speaks “Designer” fluently.
• Experience with code optimization.
• Comfortable contributing to an established engine.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers.
• Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
• High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• International travel may be required as part of the role.
• Computer science or related degree.
• Expertise working within CryEngine/Lumberyard.
• Experience with multithreaded code.
• Knowledge of engineering for online games.
• Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development.
• Experience with multiplayer architecture.