Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 12, 2017
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Character Artist with a passion for their craft to help fill a persistent universe with characters and alien life forms.
The ideal candidate should have excellent core modelling and texturing skills and a sound understanding of human anatomy. You will be part of the process to grow the internal team, work with technical and other character artists to implement a developing character pipeline.
• Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction for in-game and cinematic usage with nominal direction from Senior and/or Lead Artists.
• Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains.
• Photorealistic texturing of characters which includes diffuse, normal map, specular, bump.
• Working closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
• and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
• At Least 8 years’ experience in game development
• Strong experience in leading a team of artists
• Thorough knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop and next gen texturing techniques
• An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
• Experience with PBR based shaders
• Excellent sense of form
• Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• International travel may be required as part of the role
• Experience with CryENGINE/Lumberyard
• Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
• An avid gamer
• A love of Sci-Fi
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application.» Apply here