»Lead Gameplay Programmer
Posted: January 18, 2018
Foundry 42 Ltd in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a skilled and talented Lead Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim. The Lead Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems.
- Overseeing a team of 2-6 programmers.
- Viewing performance of team members.
- High level architecting of gameplay features.
- Scheduling and prioritisation of tasks.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
- Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
- 6+ years’ experience.
- 2+ years’ lead programmer experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a cooperative environment.
- Experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features.
- Strong multi-threaded and optimisation programming skills.
- Strong maths ability
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Two or more shipped products, especially PC products.
- CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features.
- Space combat sim development experience.
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration.