Posted: March 07, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to join our team!
Would you like to be a part of a team making video game history? The international studio Cloud Imperium Games under the direction of Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, is seeking an accomplished and experienced Producer to join our team based at Foundry 42 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
The Senior Producer will help deliver the requirements for the cutting edge development of the record breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO “Star Citizen” and the action-packed cinematic story campaign game “Squadron 42” with its star-studded cast including Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, and Mark Strong (to name just a few).
- Serve as a driving force for the development team, facilitating communication, organization, and accountability for globally acting cross-functional teams.
- Own and create both the daily and long-term schedules for those teams, and ensure that goals and deadlines are clearly communicated outward.
- Track all tasks and ensure that schedules are maintained and adjusted accordingly. Work with developers to ensure that their tasks are broken down and time estimates are routinely provided.
- Compile and send out regular reports on team progress and accomplishments.
- Identify, communicate and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing any deadlines to production leadership and team leads
- Work with team leads to identify and allocate resources necessary for the successful completion of project goals including hiring recommendations
- Provide direction and motivation to team members, making sure that goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Work with team leads to develop efficient work methods and pipelines.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership and internal support staff.
- Communicate with all members of production, providing visibility on project status, risks and opportunities.
- Schedule and attend meetings; set agendas; take concise and comprehensive notes / action items and distribute them to appropriate personnel
- Excel at relationship-building.
- Coach and mentor junior members of production.
- Serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the games industry.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a video game producer.
- Worked on at least one full AAA-project life cycle.
- Expert with project management development tools (MS Project, JIRA. MS Office, Shotgun, etc.)
- Expert in project management methodologies with previous Scrum Master, Prince2 and/or Kanban experience.
- Skilled in risk assessment, management and scheduling.
- Unsurpassed verbal and written communication.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to bring order to chaos.
- Superb relationship building skills (locally & internationally)
- Must be willing to work in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- International Travel may be required as part of the role
- Previous Art, QA, design, engineering, or art work experience
- Previous experience with the CryENGINE / Lumberyard
- Project Management certifications such as Prince2, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Knowledge of space simulations, FPS AAA games, MMOs and/or Wing Commander Franchise
- A college degree